Friday, November 18, 2011

Satay

I plan on trying this one out this weekend, so I may be a little premature in posting. If it sucks I promise to take it down, but hooray for me for being so optimistic!

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup REAL peanut butter
6 tbl. brown sugar
6 cloves garlic, minced
15 oz can stewed tomatoes
1 large sweet onion, peeled, chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 green or red peppers or combination, seeded, cored and chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 1/2 cups water
2 Tbls plus 2 tsps soy sauce
2 tsps chili paste
4 tbls. lime juice

Directions:
Add all ingredients except the lime juice to the crock. Stir well.. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 or high for 3-4 . Stir in lime juice. Add more water if thinner consistency is desired. Serve warm over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment